Wednesday, October 7, 2015

It's all about the challenges

As you know, I'm currently involved in the October Platform Challenge over at Writer's Digest.

We're into day seven, and though I have yet to complete the daily assignment, I'll make a comment or two about it now, and complete it before I turn in for the day.

Day 6: Twitter

We were asked to create a twitter handle that was as close to our byline as possible. That being said, the same issues surfaced as did my issues with the domain. (I have a very common name.)

Luckily, I was able to at least get something close (if a bit presumptuous) . . . @eajohnsonwriter

It was the best I could do. That being said, I'm not very good at tweeting. I feel the need to come up with something sagacious. Oh well, hopefully I'll get a bit better as I go along.

Day 7: Tweet

So today, we're asked to respond to 3 tweets . . . embarrassingly enough, I hadn't thought about that. 

I figured the goal of getting your name out there was getting your own words out there, when there is really so much more to it than that.  

I'm a bit taken aback with myself that my ego (which is know to be overgrown a bit anyway) would look at twitter as a way just to get my ideas out there without paying homage to the ideas that helped me get to where I am. 

Touché, Robert Brewer, thanks for the good advice.

Next Month's Challenge

I officially went in for next month's NaNoWriMo (and even got a colleague to think about giving it a shot too). More on that to come, but until then, I'll build up that platform . . . maybe a railing would be a good idea . . . I wonder what OSHA would say? 

No comments:

Post a Comment